How Can Home Sellers Level the Playing Field?
There is no question that home buyers have the upper hand when negotiating for repairs or a credit back from the sellers. When a buyer receives their home inspection report that lists numerous defects they either ask for repairs, a lot of money, or they walk away from the house. Here’s how a pre-listing inspection can help you sell your house faster and at full price.
Save Money on Repairs
When a repair item turns up in a home inspection report, sellers don’t have the luxury of time to get the best deal. Quotes come in quickly and often buyers request money to cover the high cost. With a pre-listing inspection, you can negotiate with contractors and get the best price for repairs.
Avoid Having Buyers Walk Away
Sometimes it isn’t the significance of a repair but the number of repairs that scares buyers. Numerous defects, even if they are minor, convey a message that a house wasn’t well-maintained. A pre-listing inspection can identify these smaller items giving you the chance to correct them before a buyer has a home inspection. A short inspection report makes buyers happy.
Save more money by getting a verbal inspection rather than a full written inspection. Our experienced home inspectors are available for walk-through consultation. This is an ideal solution. A verbal inspection is limited in scope. There is no written report created and no pictures are taken. The inspector will tell you everything they would write in a buyer’s inspection so that you can take notes and fix items on your schedule. You will walk away with a great amount of knowledge about the house, but it is not a substitute for a full home inspection.
- One inspector for the time frame listed below.
- Condo/Townhouse includes a one-hour consultation. Price: $209
- Single Family Houses up to 3,000 sq. ft. include a one-hour consultation. Price: $259
- Single Family Houses between 3,001 and 5,000 sq. ft. include a 2-hour consultation. Price: $309
- Single Family Houses over 5,000 sq. ft. and includes a 3-hour consultation. Price: $495
- A $50 discount applies to a full inspection of the same house if ordered within 60 days.
What’s not included:
- No written report will be issued.
- No photos will be taken.
- No ongoing consultation about the house.
- No drain line video inspection.
- No comprehensive inspections such as checking all windows, receptacles, appliances, etc.
- No exact determination of the age of components, or life remaining.
What you should expect:
- A fast paced walk-through of the house.
- You should be ready to take notes.
- This is not a substitute for a full home inspection.
- Seller must be present at the consultation.
- Payment is due prior to the inspection. (We don’t bill through escrow)
PLEASE CALL (800) 232-5180 TO SCHEDULE A PRE-ESCROW VERBAL INSPECTION.
** A note about disclosure **
It is always incumbent on the seller to disclose items in compliance with California disclosure laws. The Verbal Inspection will identify numerous repair items that may not meet the threshold of a disclosable item such as a dirty air filter or a garage door that requires adjustment. The benefit is that these items can be repaired ahead of the buyer’s inspection resulting in a shorter, cleaner report and thus a short request for repairs.