DUE TO COVID-19 DISTANCING RESTRICTIONS, WE ARE NOT PERFORMING VERBAL INSPECTIONS UNTIL THE ORDER IS RESCINDED.
How Can Home Sellers Level the Playing Field?
There is no question that home buyers have the upper hand when negotiating for repairs or a credit back from the sellers. When a buyer receives their home inspection report that lists numerous defects they either ask for repairs, a lot of money, or they walk away from the house. Here’s how a pre-listing inspection can help you sell your house faster and at full price.
Save Money on Repairs
When a repair item turns up in a home inspection report, sellers don’t have the luxury of time to get the best deal. Quotes come in quickly and often buyers request money to cover the high cost. With a pre-listing inspection, you can negotiate with contractors and get the best price for repairs.
Avoid Having Buyers Walk Away
Sometimes it isn’t the significance of a repair but the number of repairs that scares buyers. Numerous defects, even if they are minor, convey a message that a house wasn’t well-maintained. A pre-listing inspection can identify these smaller items giving you the chance to correct them before a buyer has a home inspection. A short inspection report makes buyers happy.
Save more money by getting a verbal inspection rather than a full written inspection. Our experienced home inspectors are available for walk-through consultation. This is an ideal solution. A verbal inspection is limited in scope. There is no written report created and no pictures are taken. The inspector will tell you everything they would write in a buyer’s inspection so that you can take notes and fix items on your schedule. You will walk away with a great amount of knowledge about the house, but it is not a substitute for a full home inspection.
- One inspector for the time frame listed below.
- Condo/Townhouse includes a one-hour consultation. Price: $209
- Single Family Houses up to 3,000 sq. ft. include a one-hour consultation. Price: $259
- Single Family Houses between 3,001 and 5,000 sq. ft. include a 2-hour consultation. Price: $309
- Single Family Houses over 5,000 sq. ft. and includes a 3-hour consultation. Price: $495
- A $50 discount applies to a full inspection of the same house if ordered within 60 days.
What’s not included:
- No written report will be issued.
- No photos will be taken.
- No ongoing consultation about the house.
- No drain line video inspection.
- No comprehensive inspections such as checking all windows, receptacles, appliances, etc.
- No exact determination of the age of components, or life remaining.
What you should expect:
- A fast paced walk-through of the house.
- You should be ready to take notes.
- This is not a substitute for a full home inspection.
- Seller must be present at the consultation.
- Payment is due prior to the inspection. (We don’t bill through escrow)
PLEASE CALL (800) 232-5180 TO SCHEDULE A PRE-ESCROW VERBAL INSPECTION.
** A note about disclosure **
It is always incumbent on the seller to disclose items in compliance with California disclosure laws. The Verbal Inspection will identify numerous repair items that may not meet the threshold of a disclosable item such as a dirty air filter or a garage door that requires adjustment. The benefit is that these items can be repaired ahead of the buyer’s inspection resulting in a shorter, cleaner report and thus a short request for repairs.