How Can Home Sellers Level the Playing Field?
There is no question that home buyers have the upper hand when negotiating for repairs or a credit back from the sellers. When buyers receive their home inspection report that lists numerous defects, they either ask for repairs, a lot of money, or they walk away from the sale. Here’s how a verbal consultation, also called a home evaluation, from The Real Estate Inspection Company can help you sell your house faster and at full price. Call (800) 232-5180 or schedule now. We serve San Diego and the surrounding areas.
Certified Home Inspectors Perform Home Evaluation Services
Our certified inspectors also conduct our verbal consultations, and this service adheres to InterNACHI standards. We use state-of-the-art equipment including thermal infrared cameras, carbon monoxide detectors, gas leak detectors, moisture meters, and laser temperature gauges. But keep in mind, it is not a substitute for a full home inspection.
- One inspector for the time frame listed below.
- Condo/townhomes. One-hour consultation. Price: $209.
- Single Family Houses up to 3,000 sf. One-hour consultation. Price: $259.
- Single Family Houses from 3,001 sf - 5,000 sf. Two-hour consultation. Price: $309.
- Single Family Houses over 5,000 sf. Three-hour consultation. Price: $495.
We will apply a $50 discount to a full inspection of the same house if ordered within 60 days.
- No written report will be issued.
- No photos will be taken.
- No ongoing consultation about the house.
- No sewer scope inspection.
- No comprehensive inspections such as checking all windows, receptacles, appliances, and so on.
- No exact determination of the age of components or life remaining.
- A fast-paced walk-through of the house.
- You should be ready to take notes.
- This is not a substitute for a full home inspection.
- Seller must be present at the consultation.
- Payment is due prior to the inspection. (We don’t bill through escrow.)
A note about disclosure
It is always incumbent on the seller to disclose items in compliance with California disclosure laws. The verbal consultation will identify numerous repair items that may not meet the threshold of a disclosable item such as a dirty air filter or a garage door that requires adjustment. The benefit is that these items can be repaired ahead of the buyer’s inspection resulting in a shorter, cleaner report and thus a short request for repairs.
Investors and sellers can have the advantage in a real estate transaction when they have a verbal consultation with an expert from The Real Estate Inspection Company. Call (800) 232-5180 or schedule now. We service San Diego County, Orange County, and Riverside County.